What is ORM you say ? What is wrong with me today you say ?
Well, let me tell you something, i’m still sober , i haven’t lost it all yet – So listen to what this post says if you want to save your online business!
I’ll begin giving a flashback of my experience dealing with this miserable thing. I used to work in a Forex company, where i was in charge of SEO and ranking some Jumbo Mumbo keywords that drove millions to that damn company! We all watched “The Wolf Of Wall Street” (if not i recommend it big time) and we saw how much those sharks were making money out of people who didn’t know thing about trading!
Some time later, i was in charge of the ORM, which stands for Online Reputation Management . And here i want to point out that it was the HARDEST thing for me ! I worked very hard to clean the bad reputation my company had! We were losing a lot of potential customers because of the reputation! Each time someone googled the company’s name, he’d see some SHITTY stuff all over the first pages in google. Eventually i succeeded BIG time to overcome the 100% awful results, but i never got to the IDEAL 100% clean situation! I always was left with 2-3 superior domains that would never be erased no matter what !
So, now and after reading the above – Let me stress that ORM is the most important thing every ONLINE business should give the HIGHEST PRIORITY to ! No matter how good your product is, no matter how you’re trustworthy, a couple of bad review could RUIN all what you invested in !
Some tips to keep yourself in a good situation :
- Give the customer support your HIGHEST priority ! Make sure you only have satisfied customers.
- Offer a REFUND to unsatisfied customers. I’d rather pay $10K refunds instead of ruining my reputation (eventually will lead to ruin your business)
- Go to Google Alerts, and hook it up with your brand name as shown in the below image – this will give you the power to review EVERYTHING google indexes that includes your brand name ! You’ll get an email each time your “keyword” is mentioned.
- Build your social presence ! Build social profiles that will rank well in google ! Use youtube, google+, facebook, twitter, linkedin, tumblr, pinterest, crunchbase, forbes, Try to create a wiki page although not guaranteed, youtube channel ! You can check your competitors and see what they’ve done to overcome this and do the same basically !
- Always google what people would look for if they suspect you ! Possible queries ( will use the company name ” Kootchi Mootchi” in here for example – credit to Vadimovic my pal ) :
“Kootchi Mootchi scam”, ” Is Kootchi Mootchi legit ” , ” is Kootchi Mootchi scam” , “Kootchi Mootchi review” etc….
Remember, ORM should be #1 priority !